Ever wonder why people say they need to go outside for some air or why opening a window for fresh air makes you feel so good? The reality is that indoor air quality can become compromised over time, and we can instinctively know it is time to clear out the cobwebs, so to speak. At Steam Source, we offer air duct cleaning services, which can improve your home’s indoor air quality. The following are some tips about when to clean your ducts. Call us today to schedule your cleaning!
- Spring & Fall- While any time is a good time for air duct cleaning, the spring and fall are the best seasons to have it done. The spring is to clear out the winter’s accumulation brought on by dry heated air and the fall is to clear out the pollen from the spring and summer.
- After Construction – In addition to seasonal air duct cleaning, consider having it done if you’ve been renovating your home and construction dust has been involved.
- If You Have Allergies- If you or someone in your home suffers from allergies or another respiratory condition, indoor air quality is critical and air duct cleaning should be performed on a regular basis.
- If You Have Mold- If you have had mold in your home, there is a good chance that some spores are trapped in the air ducts. Air duct cleaning is your best defense against them being redistributed and getting a colony started again.
- If You’re Constantly Dusting- If you find you are dusting all the time, it could be that your HVAC system is redistributing dust, dander, etc. around your home because the air ducts are dirty.
- If You Have Pets- The more pets you have, the happier you may feel, but it also means that air duct cleaning should be conducted more often to keep pet dander at bay.